Kirkwood National offers golfers of every level of playing ability a challenging experience with their choice of six tee boxes. This championship 18 hole, par 72 course can play as short as 4,898 yards from the ladies red tees or up to 7,129 yards from the championship black tees.
The course features lush Bermuda Grass fairways with Champion Bermuda greens, which allow a consistent roll across the subtle undulations of the putting surfaces. The fairways naturally wind through the woodlands, giving a feeling of seclusion, providing players a relaxing and unhurried golfing experience. From tee to green, players appreciate the challenging excitement of navigating the seven lakes, 45 sand traps, creeks and dramatic elevation changes throughout the course.
Since opening in 1995, Kirkwood National has consistently received high rankings from Golf Digest.
- Best New Golf Courses Ranked #5 – 1995
- America’s Best Places You Can Play #2 in Mississippi – 1996
- America’s Best Golf Courses Everyone Can Play Top 75 Affordable Courses Ranked 42nd – 1996
- 4-Star Ranking “Places to Play” – 1998 – 1999; 2000 – 2001; 2004 – 2005; 2006 – 2007
- Best in State (Mississippi) Ranked #9 – 2005
- 3 ½ Star Ranking Best Places to Play – 2008 – 2009